[mythtv-users] New Install Recommendations

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 21:29:14 EDT 2005

I know everyone has their preference, and I've used RedHat for a long
time, but for ease of installation and maintenance, what are some of
the other installs that people are using?

I tried MythDora, and I always seem to have some sort of a snag. Just
when I thought it was working good, I find that it doesn't tune to the
proper channel for recording.

I'm downloading KnoppMyth as I type this, and will give it a try.

I recently tried installing Gentoo on my spare laptop, and had had
really good success. Many people running Gentoo using Myth?

Basically I'm looking for solid backend and and will likely use Xboxes
for frontends where I have TV's.

I've been using FC4 on my good laptop, and I'd think that I wouldn't
want to run this on the backend just yet. I like FC3, but these few
changes is making it hard to get a working install.

Thanks.
--
-=/>Thom