[mythtv-users] Xorg Transparency + mythtv = crash X11

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 14 01:02:10 EDT 2005

I just got transparency working with xorg-x11 6.8.. in KDE now. btw if you
like eye candy and use kde..you definitly need this enabled :-P it's
fricking awesome (Desktop -> Window behavior -> Translucency under CC). See
it in action:
http://www.netslayer.net/custom-theme-2.png

I had to go back to nvidia  media-video/nvidia-glx-1.0.6629-r6 because 7000
series doesn't work with transparency yet (crashes x11). It works great
until I start mythfrontend and start watching a recording then X11
crashes...

I'm using gentoo, up to date with kernel 2.6.11, nvidia 6628 drivers, xorg
6.8.2

.. normal x stuff then:
SetClientVersion: 0 8

   *** If unresolved symbols were reported above, they might not
   *** be the reason for the server aborting.

Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
         at http://wiki.X.Org
for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional
information.

...ideas?