[mythtv-users] UK Malvern DVB scan problem

Rob Jones robj at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 14 08:01:53 EDT 2005

> If anyone here is using Malvern can you tell me if you see the same
> problem?  If not, can you send me a dump of your DVB-related mysql tables
> so I can copy them please!
>
> Cheers
> J.

I live in Malvern, but west of the hill so I actually get my signal from
the Wrekin in Shropshire rather bizarrely. I believe both these
transmitters are just relays of Sutton Coldfield so any problems you
have would be seen there too if this were the case. I don't get your
problem precisely, but due to my location I get very bad co-channel
interference from Ridge Hill which means I don't get two of the muxes,
and get others 2 or 3 times. I found the best solution was to look up
(try the BBC reception website) the frequencies of the muxes you need
and get mythtv to scan those frequencies individually.

Rob