[mythtv-users] New Install Recommendations

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 09:37:20 EDT 2005

> KnoppMyth!

I tried this last night and the remote didn't work out of the box. I
wasn't sure how to troubleshoot it, so I just didn't bother. I didn't
expect for everything to work magically but I was able to watch TV
after the install using the keyboard and that was a huge plus.

> > I tried MythDora, and I always seem to have some sort of a snag. Just
> > when I thought it was working good, I find that it doesn't tune to the
> > proper channel for recording.
> >
> Did you try to trouble shoot this?  What tuner do you have?  Did you try
> an updated driver?  Did you specify the proper tuner type (if needed)?
> My point is I don't think this is a MythDora (Swiper, swiper, you stole
> my idea ;) issue.

I tried a few things to get it going, and Dennis on the g-ding.tv
website was very helpful on everything. I just couldn't get the remote
working there either and I didn't want to hack it much because I
didn't want to break anything trying to fix the remote. Dennis's
MythDora is awesome for ease of installation, but it's hard to get
something to work out of the box on so many different pieces of
hardware.

Again, thanks everyone.

--
-=/>Thom