[mythtv-users] Epia 600 or 800 as backend?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Jul 14 11:51:15 EDT 2005

On 14-Jul-05, at 11:32 AM, Leo Przybylski wrote:

> I don't know if anyone on here had much luck with the unichrome
> drivers, but mine are not working well at all. I don't even use XvMC
> for the mpeg decoding anymore. I just use libmpeg2 and my cpu has not
> suffered much from it.

Sure, lots of people. I started with xorg 6.8.2 and overlayed the
latest cvs from unichrome.sf.net instructions are on the project site.
I believe the unichrome cvs was recently merged with the xorg source so
the next xorg will have excellent support unichrome out of the box.
Also, the vld support in myth iteself it excellent. As always YMMV but
unichrome has been in a good place for at least six months now.

- George