[mythtv-users] Connecting to DirecTV Reciever

Eric Jensen soastuff at no-homers.org
Fri Jul 15 18:34:06 EDT 2005

I ordered DirectTV because I heard you could connect to it via serial to
change channels instead of using an IR blaster.  When I got my reciever
though it has a odd looking phone jack that says "Low speed data".  It
looks taller then the standard phone jack, so I'm assuming that it is
for a COM type interface.  Any ideas how I connect my MythTV box to
this?  I haven't found a guide that talks about this part of the setup,
soon as MythTV is up and running the guides end.

Eric