[mythtv-users] experience for belgium + problems

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Sat Jul 16 05:01:24 EDT 2005

On Saturday 16 July 2005 09:44, leszek wrote:
<snip>
> I noticed that they are the channels with the lower frequencies !
> I already got a little noise on these channels so maybe there is a noise
> detection mechanism which trigger too fast.
> what can i do ?
I don't know, but let me tell what I did :)  All channes are working fine for
me, except for some noice oon "vtm".

In mythtv-setup, I choosed a random grabber (it does not matter which one,
because it never runs).
I use the grabber from http://nerdhero.org/index.php/Howtos/MythTV.  Running
tv_grab_be_tvb for the first time fills the channel database with data.  I
used mythtv to give the channels a name and a number.  The frequency for the
channels in your area can be found on http://www.zenders.be/keuze.jsp.

That's it.  Filling all the frequences took most of the time.

This is my crontab line for the grabber:
0 4 * * * /usr/bin/tv_grab_be_tvb > ~mythtv/guide.xml
&& /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --file 1 -1 ~mythtv/guide.xml

Stef