[mythtv-users] Missing data from DataDirect

aaron memoryguy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 06:51:22 EDT 2005

On 7/16/05, Michael Carland <mcarland at bitsgonewild.net> wrote:

> Searching in gossamer, I didn't find anyone else having this type of
> problem since 2004. Is anyone else seeing this? Did zap2it change the
> number of days of data that they carry?

If you have data for some channels then, no, zap2it has not changed
the number of days they carry. The likely explanation is that the
channels with missing data have not provided zap2it (or the people
they get it from) with the data.

I get missing and even incorrect data for some channels, often the
independent ones, if I look towards the end of the available range.
For me, I just don't look that far into the future, and by the time
those days get refreshed the info has been updated/corrected.

One way to eliminate, say, a myth parsing bug would would be to
download the full zap2it XML file and look to see if the data is
missing in there :)   I would bet that it is.

--
aaron