[mythtv-users] Missing data from DataDirect

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Sat Jul 16 09:45:20 EDT 2005

On Jul 16, 2005, at 5:51 AM, aaron wrote:

> On 7/16/05, Michael Carland <mcarland at bitsgonewild.net> wrote:
>>
>> Searching in gossamer, I didn't find anyone else having this type of
>> problem since 2004. Is anyone else seeing this? Did zap2it change the
>> number of days of data that they carry?
>>

> If you have data for some channels then, no, zap2it has not changed
> the number of days they carry. The likely explanation is that the
> channels with missing data have not provided zap2it (or the people
> they get it from) with the data.

That makes sense.

> I get missing and even incorrect data for some channels, often the
> independent ones, if I look towards the end of the available range.
> For me, I just don't look that far into the future, and by the time
> those days get refreshed the info has been updated/corrected.

The problem is that 90% of the channels are missing. It's pretty much
divided by local affiliates have data, the common cable channels do
not. Once mythfilldatabase gets *some* data for a day, it does not
update it again until the day before, and most of the shows I record
play between 8pm and midnight, so this doesn't give the scheduler too
many options when there are conflicts, since it only has two days of
data (today and tomorrow) to look at.

I'll see if my '--maxday 10'  trick helps. I guess I find it odd that
if I'm not getting all of the 14th day of Comedy Central, no one else
is seeing this either. It had been working, so I'm assuming it is not
my configuration.

Another possibility I suppose is the time that mythfilldatabase runs? I
have it run between 2-3AM. I'm wondering if I pull it back before
midnight, the furthest out day will not get borked. But that would just
be the equivalent of pulling one fewer days.

Thanks for the suggestions.

-Michael