[mythtv-users] Re: IVTV, FC4 & PVR-250 broken?

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Sat Jul 16 16:33:10 EDT 2005

Jeff volckaert wrote:

>On 7/15/05, Gambit Declined <gambitdeclined at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>On 7/14/05, Jeff volckaert <jvolckaert at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Nobody is using a PVR-250 with FC4?  Is it just that not alot of
>>>people have moved to FC4?
>>>

>>I have the same setup and couldn't get ivtv to modprobe. I was
>>following the instructions at http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php .I
>>would suspect a kernel issue, but I didn't have time to troubleshoot
>>it and went back to FC3 -- which is working fine.
>>

>I'm glad too see I'm not the only one.  I was beginning to suspect my
>hardware had gone bad.  Do you have an early revision PVR250?  I
>wonder if it's just an issue with the early models or if it's the 250s
>in general.
>
>Jeff

*blink* stare *blink*....................

I'll quote what Marc and somebody else already told you but you seemed
to ignore...

"Kernel 2.6.12 had changed some things in i2c which caused
ivtv-0.2.0-rc3j and older versions of the driver to fail to build.
ivtv-0.2.0-rc3k contains a patch to allow the driver to be built against
2.6.12"

ding ding ding ding ding.... Thats right! you have 2.6.12 because you
are using FC4.

-Mike