[mythtv-users] Firewall Setup and MythTV

Teruel de Campo chusty at attglobal.net
Sat Jul 16 20:03:59 EDT 2005

ref:
Desktop with SuSE 9.3 and firewall active. There I have MythTV backend and
mysql. Running the frontend there works fine.

Laptop wireless (ibmx40) with SuSE 9.3 and firewall active. I installed a second
front end.

Problem If I stop the firewall in the desktop the frontend in the laptop works
great. If it is active it can not communicate. Reading the documentation I
understand I have to open the TCP port 3306 for the mysql and TCP ports 6543 and
6544.

I have been reading about firewall but being new to linux all the changes I have
done have not effect. I tried to do it graphically with Yast and also tinkering
with /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2.
Any tips?

TIA

-=terry(Denver)=-