[mythtv-users] apt-get errors - package dependencies unmet

Andrew M spambox at internode.on.net
Sun Jul 17 07:57:18 EDT 2005

Hi.

Trying to install MythTV on Debian stable (sarge), but I get the errors:
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created or
been moved out of Incoming.

 > Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely
that the package is simply not installable and a bug report against that
package should be filed.

 >   mythtv: Depends: mythtv-frontend (= 0.18.1-3) but it is not going
to be installed
 >           Depends: mythtv-backend (= 0.18.1-3) but it is not going to
be installed
 > E: Broken packages

What am I doing wrong?  I'm following the documentation on the mythtv
site to the letter.  My sources.list file is:
> #deb file:///cdrom/ sarge main
> deb http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/debian stable main
> deb-src http://mirror.internode.on.net/pub/debian stable main
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main