[mythtv-users] nuvexport DVD export aspect ratio problem and modifying DVD.pm

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun Jul 17 09:02:36 EDT 2005

On Sun 17 July 2005 13:16, ffrr wrote:
> I have been reading in the list archives about aspect ratio problems
> when exporting as DVD using ffmpeg, and about how one fix was to modify
> DVD.pm.     I am having EXACTLY the same problem (output aspect ratio
> causes picture to be tall and thin). My source recordings are...
<snip>
> So, has there been any official fix, or should I modify DVD.pm.   If the
> latter, can someone post exactly what to change please?

No official fix that I'm aware of. The problem is that nuvexport forces all
recordings to 4:3 format whether or not you want it to. (Hint: It should
really be a user defined option!). You can make a quick change to DVD.pm to
use 16:9 instead.

ffmpeg/DVD.pm make the following change:
In the section marked:
# Force to 4:3 aspect ratio

Replace or comment:
	$self->{'out_aspect'} = 1.3333;