[mythtv-users] MythBrowser Setup

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 14:26:06 EDT 2005

On 7/16/05, Donavan Stanley <geckofiend at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/16/05, Mercury Morris <mercury.morris at gmail.com> wrote:
> > After compiling MythBrowser without any errors,
> > I restarted mythfrontend, expecting to see something
> > either on the first screen with Watch TV, etc., or maybe
> > down inside Setup.
>
> MythBrowser is in the Information Center.  It's confiruation section
> is in the Information Center Settings section.

Well, I did go have a look in Information Center, but there is
only the single choice, "System Status".  No sign of anything
else.

I'll add a little more information about the system.
It's running mythtv and mythweb, no other plugins.
After checkout from CVS, I compiled only mythtv,
got it running but had the problem of HDTV channels
with the underscore character (_) in them.   Advice from
the archives was to install mythweb and use it to delete
the unwanted channels.  I installed mythweb, and it worked
just fine.

MythBrowser would be a welcome addition for looking up
things without having to haul my carcass out of the big chair
and going over to another system to do it.

Is there some prerequisite needed during the installation
of mythtv's plugins that I did not perform because I have
really installed only mythtv ?  (Mythweb's installation is
really little more than copying files from one place to another.)

But Hey!  If MythBrowser isn't available, I can always use
the exercise, getting out of the chair.

--
MM