[mythtv-users] Plug in issues?? Myth - DVD, Gallery, Game

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Sun Jul 17 15:52:24 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 08:16 -0400, A JM wrote:
> I looked through the archives? Do you have a link to the similar Q and
> maybe the resolution?

I won't bother finding the link, as the solution was as I have
described, different versions of mythtv cf the plugin concerned. You
haven't actually said what version of mythtv and which version of the
plugins you are running.

> Funny you mention a version issue? I restored a working 0.17 version
> and was going to try apt-get update only updating the F/E which worked
> flawlessly but the other errors starting showing up.
>
> I'm getting errors similar to the following when trying to add or
> remove items using apt especially mythplugins. Mythgame gives the
> following error -
>
> "Couldn't stat source package from list ftp://ftp.neriam.net
> unstable/myth packages
> (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debian-marillat_dists_unstable_mythtv_binary-i386_packages)
> - stat (2 no such file or directory)
>
> Is this still a good source? If not what is the current source I
> should be using?

wouldn't know, I compile from source. Have you tried that ftp site in
your browser of ftp client? It doesn't work for me. In fact it doesn't
seem to be in dns:

nick at sf ~ $ host ftp.neriam.net
Host ftp.neriam.net not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

Nick Rout <nick at rout.co.nz>