[mythtv-users] Changing channels gets no sound until I switchaudiotracks

Sammo sammo2828 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 09:05:16 EDT 2005

This is what I have just noticed.

Let's look at channel 7 and 9 for now. Channel 7 has one track only, an mp2
track. Channel 9 has two tracks, an mp2 track and an AC3 track. I know this
is correct because I've played with real set top boxes and other DVB
software.

The problem is that in live tv, it is still possible to select from two
audio tracks in channel 7, even though it really only has one track.
Pressing +/- keys shows "Audio track 1" and "Audio track 2". One of the
tracks is real (the mp2 track), and the other track does not exist. When
changing from channel 9 (which has two tracks) to channel 7, mythtv tries to
use the same audio track, even if the channel doesn't have that track..
hence sometimes there is no audio when changing channels

Okay, in recorded shows, channel 7 only shows the one audio track (which is
correct). Pressing +/- keys only shows "Audio track 1"

0.18.1 and latest CVS has this problem. It must have something to do with
how mythtv handles the audio tracks when changing channels in live tv mode.
Repeat, it does not affect recorded shows.

0.17 was fine, as far as I remember. So it must have something to do with
changes that have occured between then and now. Hopefully one of the more
knowledgable developers will find this information useful.

Hope it helps .... now to catch up on some shows ....seeyas