[mythtv-users] nuvimport?

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Mon Jul 18 15:16:00 EDT 2005

I set up my back end several weeks before I had a workin frontend, and
at the time I only had a single hard drive (I've since moved to RAID5),
so i used nuvexport to convert a lot of shows into mpegs to save space.
Now that I have two working front ends I'm slowly catching up, but it's
just plain inconvenient to watch stuff using mplayer because there's no
commercial detection and deleting a show when I'm done involves
navigating the nfs directories manually and then rescanning the
directory in video maintenance mode to clear out the listing.

Is there any way to import videos and scan for commercials?

Is there a simpler way to maintain non-nuv content?