[mythtv-users] tv card for mythtv

Bryan Halter bhalter at armyofpenguins.com
Mon Jul 18 16:19:32 EDT 2005

antec wrote:

> what is the best agp 2x tv card to get for mythtv? Im looking at using
> the tv-out option on it. I mean, are there any optimisations that
> mplayer etc. use with certain tv cards?
>
> thanks.

TV out is TV out as far as optimizations go, although the PVR-300 has a
built in MPEG decoder.  This is a PCI tuner with TV out and hardware
MPEG encoders and decoders.  If you have your heart set on an AGP card
I'd get an Nvidia.  They have good driver support and many can be found
without fans if noise is important to you

--
Bryan Halter
bhalter at armyofpenguins.com
PGP 0x55AB8EA4