[mythtv-users] Getting a Plasma, Scared of Burn-In

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 11:13:09 EDT 2005

On 7/19/05, Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 10:31:39PM -0700, Joe Barnhart wrote:
> > "SIDE BAR
> > Do not display a picture in 4:3 mode for an extended period, as this
> > can cause an after-image to remain on the side bars on either side of
> > the display field..."
>
> Exactly how do you burn in unlit pixels?
>
> confused,
> Hamish

You don't, you burn in the the lit pixels, but it looks like the side
bars are the problem because they have the smallest area.  This is why
a lot of widescreen TVs give you the option to display gray instead of
black sidebars.

--
I probably still have a few (well, now a whole bunch) gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.