[mythtv-users] Default theme is slowest? Theme recommendations?

Andrew Close aclose at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 11:31:12 EDT 2005

On 7/19/05, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So, what are the best themes (complete and fast, or at least, not as
> > slow as the default)?
>
> Don't know about speed wise but MythCenter is my favourite. A lot of
> people have also started using Myxer recently which is configurable.

you'll have to specifically define 'best' before asking a general
question cause you'll get a lot of varying answers. ;)

Myxer is quite nice as it lets you pick the 'best' attributes of
almost any theme and Myx them together.  it is also quite easy to use
so you can quickly change it if/when you feel you need a new look.
i'm not sure there's much you can do about speeding any of the themes
up though...  maybe improvements will come with the next release which
is rumored to include a rewrite of the GUI framework.