AW: AW: [mythtv-users] Myth Game Emulation - Setup

Neil neil-on-mythtv at restricted.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 19 15:09:53 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I hacked the playstion 2 controller and it's now working with visualgameboy
advance and zsnes.

I have some small issues though. How will I add visualgameboy in mythgames?
I don't see any entry there.

Another issue is the sound. My myth is currently set to send the audio to
SPDIF interface. However, these games are actually external games that's
only called by myth. Unfortunately (I might be wrong), these games doesn't
know about SPDIF interface. Can we tell in .asoundrc that any audio that is
sent to the non-spdif be redirected to the SPDIF?

And lastly, these games aren't lirc aware. What am planning to do is setup a
new kill button in my remote to kill either zsnes or visualgba if it's
running. It will be a very simple script in /usr/local/bin.

of the top of my head, this is what I came up with(no fireproof checking
yet)

#!/bin/sh

zsnesstat=`ps ax|grep zsnes |grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}'|wc -l`

if [ ${zsnesstat} -eq 1]; then
   kill -9 `ps ax|grep zsnes |grep -v grep | awk '{print $1}`
fi

or better yet, I have to find out how to guit each game :)

So you guys, how are you closing your games when it's called by mythgames?

Thanks in advance!!!

Neil