[mythtv-users] scheduler questions

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 16:06:21 EDT 2005

A couple of questions for the scheduler wizards:

1) There is an option for Auto-expire that allows auto-expired recordings to be
scheduled again for re-recording.  Do recordings deleted because the count
exceeds the "number to record" (with the delete older ones and record newer
ones option in effect) behave similarly?  Seems like a question that's been
asked before but for the life of me I couldn't find it in the archives.

2) In perusing the gossamer threads I've seen that programs without
subtitle/episode data are ALWAYS considered to be unique.  This includes when
I've set the duplicate detection method to "description only".  Is this the
desired effect?  If so, why?  I'm sure there's a good reason (there usually
is).

Thanks in advance,

--Jack