[mythtv-users] Cannot change channels with M179

Ben Holt beanjammin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 16:14:10 EDT 2005

>Jul 15 12:25:35 mythtvserver saa7115: decoder set input (4)
>Jul 15 12:25:35 mythtvserver saa7115: now setting Composite input

If you're not intending to use the composite input this would explain
why you are getting nothing but static.  Check that your input method
is set correctly and let me know how you make out. For testing
purposes you can use ivtvctl to change the input like so:

ivtvctl -d /dev/video1 -p <input number>

For a list of potentical input numbers use ivtvctl -n.  Once you've
got the input set correctly change your encoder to the correct channel
with ptune.pl <channel number>.

Then for a test capture use cat /dev/video1 > test.mpeg

BTW, ivtvctl and ptune.pl come with the ivtv sources.

- Ben

--
A: Because it destroys the flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting dumb?