[mythtv-users] Re: Myth Plus ?

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 17:51:34 EDT 2005

On 7/19/05, Jake <jakeisawake at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Things are slowly moving forward.  The adoption rate wasn't what
> > they'd hoped but they're in things for the long haul.  I *do* know
> > that podcast support is being actively worked on.
>
> by adoption rate do you mean the number of people that subscribed to
> the LxM suite?

Yep

> i think many people are in a wait and see state like myself.  at
> present i really don't see much incentive to subscribe but the minute
> i see something that is "must have" from them i'll definitely take the
> plunge.  though i don't think for me personally some pretty looking
> themes is my "must have" item, the podcasting could be.

In order for there to be significant bounty action there has to be
enough money there to pay the bounties.  The problem with the "wait
and see" attitude is that it slows things down.  That's not saying
they're not funding development, they are, it's just that everything
they fund comes out of their pocket.

The whole idea behind the LxMSuite stuff is to allow users to fund the
development of an open source product. Not "what do I get for my $5 a
month?". The value lies in seeing what you care about get worked on.

> personally, i'd just be happy if in mythvideo i could filter by a few
> more criteria such as actors or directors or even parental rating.  i
> know, i know, you'll be waiting for my patch.  i just haven't had the
> time to write it yet ;).

Nope I'm waiting for your subscription to  LxMSuite so they'll be able
to fund bounties and pay one someone to write it for you. ;)