AW: [mythtv-users] mythbackend on Gentoo

pschormeir at iiv.de pschormeir at iiv.de
Tue Jul 19 20:56:29 EDT 2005

Hi !

I've also had similar problem with my gentoo - mythtv construction

try the following :
Has the user in /etc/conf.d/mythbackend permissions on the logfile, is this
user a member of the groups video and audio ?
Reset the service with /etc/init.d/mythbackend zap before trying to restart
it !
Any left over pid files like /var/run/mythbackend.pid ?
Does the mysql.txt file have the right settings for the database server ?
Is there a nfslockfile.lock in the /mnt/store, delete it.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Fritz