[mythtv-users] Myth tv ready for FC-4 ?

Bryce mythtv at menolly.net
Wed Jul 20 13:50:47 EDT 2005

On Wed, July 20, 2005 12:36 pm, Todd Bailey said:
> OK, once again, and right on schedule fc-3 is corrupted beyond anything
> but
> a full reinstall.
> I am wondering since fc-4 had been out for a while I might as well burn
> the
> cd's and upgrade to the latest.
> Is myth fc4 ready, meaning it will install what it's needs to run or will
> have to recompile a fair bit of code to get a install completed?
> Any gotchas to avoid ?

I've got to ask, what do you mean by fc-3 being corrupted? I've never in
all my years of working with linux servers and desktops had a machine get
corrupted to the point of needing to re-install, especially any of the FC
releases.  I'm running a fc-2 box that was upgraded from fc-1 as a
server/workstation/hack & test/you-name-it machine. I've used yum and
apt-get, switched repositories, added stuff from source, etc. and it's
perfectly stable (up 130+ days now with heavy usage). The only reason I'm
even considering a re-install or upgrade is due to fc-2 moving into legacy
status.

--
Bryce T. Pier
btpier at menolly.net