[mythtv-users] Sempron or AthlonXP?

<SB> Childe Roland rolandchilde at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:56:35 EDT 2005

I have two CPUs and two motherboards not in use right now.  One is an
AthlonXP 2200+ and the other is a Sempron 2400+.  I am going to sell
one and turn the other one into a Myth box.  Which do you guys think
will be better for the application?  I have been using the Sempron and
it seems a little choppy at times.  Will the additional cache of the
Barton core Athlon win out over the speed of the Sempron, or vice
versa???
I would appreciate any and all advice you guys could give me.