[mythtv-users] Cannot change channels with M179

Bob Weber rjweber at ieee.org
Wed Jul 20 17:16:25 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 02:28 pm, Walt Howd wrote:
> Bob,
>
> The fix you really want is to try your default tuner.ko, replacing the
> tuner.ko from ivtv. Just swap them out real quick, run depmod and give
> it a try.

I had big hopes for this Walt, but alas, no change. My PVR250 works good, but
the m179 is a different matter. Sometimes a crappy picture, and I can never
change the channels.

Maybe it's a Hw thing. I'm going to try the firmware that came with the
m179and see what happens as soon as I can figure out how to translate
P2Driver.sys into the ivtv-fw-x.bin files.

Thanks for the ideas. I'll keep trying.