[mythtv-users] Can't seem to get MythTV working on FC4

Mat Kyne matkyne at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 21 10:36:28 EDT 2005

I know that I should learn to be patient, but the summer is coming to a
close andI need to get my MythTV system up and running again.  First a
little back story.

I tried my first several installs under FC3, but could never get Myth to
properly see my pcHDTV 3000 card. I gave up and tried with Knoppmyth, and it
worked out of the box.  But the distrobution was a little light in the extra
fetures. Well I upgraded my computer to a P4 HT 3.0 GHz, with a new Mother
Board, and an extre 200 Gb Hard drive. This happened about the same time
that FC4 came out, so I upgraded. I tried to install Myth using Jarod's
Guide, but no dice. Over a month later, I see that people on the list have
gotten Mythtv  working on FC4, so I try again.  I made some progress, but I
ended up 1/2 way through with errors. So here I am asking for help. Here is
what i got:

[root at localhost mythtv]# apt-get install mythtv-suite
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  mythtv-suite: Depends: mythtv-backend (>= 0.18.1) but it is not going to
be installed
                Depends: mythtv-frontend (>= 0.18.1) but it is not going to
be installed
                Depends: mythtv-setup (>= 0.18.1) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythplugins (>= 0.18.1) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythweb (>= 0.18) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: myththemes (>= 0.18) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-photo (>= 4) but it is not going to be
installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy (>= 0.20031214) but it is
not going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-visor (>= 1:0.13.1) but it is not
going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-sleek (>= 0.35) but it is not going to
be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-isthmus (>= 0.20040804) but it is not
going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-abstract (>= 0.20040610) but it is not
going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-MediaCenter (>= 0.17) but it is not
going to be installed
                Depends: mythtv-theme-MythCenter (>= 0.17) but it is not
going to be installed
                Depends: mythmkmovie (>= 1.0.1) but it is not going to be
installed
E: Broken packages
----Ok, so what should I do? Thanks in advance, -Mat