[mythtv-users] Re: Myth Plus ?

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 12:11:53 EDT 2005

On 7/21/05, Geoff Scott <geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/21/05, Donavan Stanley <geckofiend at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Say I subscribe, and living in the US, the only reason I would is for
> the "voting" ability since I'm fine with the themes out there now
> (thanks Myxer!) and get the same program info for free.  Anyway,
> what's to say the things I want to get funded... get funded?  How does
> the list that we vote on get populated?  Does LxM Suite decide on the
> ideas proposed and generate a short list?  How much of my money goes
> into the "pay for dev" program?  Surely it's not 100%, since LxM Suite
> is not a charity.

There's a rundown of the planned system on their site.  Basicly the
way it works is that each month subscribers get an allotment of bounty
points that they can use to vote on features (either for or against).
The features with the most points will have a bounty assigned to them
based on their number of points.  The list of features available for
votes comes from subscriber suggestions, with the only limitation
being that it can't involve copyright / law violations.

> I can't see paying for themes, there's so many out there.

heh as an an author of a few of those themes I can say with some
confidence that the themes these guys are putting out are well beyond
anything that we've seen to date.  There's just no way for us
non-artists to compete with the quality they can acheive with artists
and designers working on the themes.  Heck I've spent countless hours
working on the new art for Minimalist and it still looks like a dog
turd next to treetogs work.