[mythtv-users] Ready for use?

Asher Schaffer freedenizen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 17:09:57 EDT 2005

On 7/21/05, Chris Lopeman <lopemanc at swbell.net> wrote:
>  Hi All,
>
>  I have been monitoring this mail list for a while now.  And mythTV looks
> very interesting.  And I know it is not released yet.  And to be clear I and
> not trying to be insulting or start a fight.  But...
>
>  I am about to start dishing out money for hardware to use with mythTV.
> Hardware that could probably be used for nothing or little else.  This
> coupled with the high activity of people having problems on the mailing
> list, leads to a question.
>
>  Is anybody successfully using mythTV on a regular basis?  I just don't want
> to put something together that is going to have problems with basic
> functionality every other day.  Or is gonna work but look like crap on my
> TV.
>
>  Thanks,
>
>  Chris Lopeman

I use it all the time without problem, keep in mind that people
ussually don't go around posting when everything is fine, only when
they have a problem.  I'm sure there will be many posts about what
hardware to use, etc.  My advice is to start small, one capture card,
a simple setup, you can always expand from there.

It can be some work to get everything working exactly the way you want
it to be, but once it is up and running, it stays that way.  Of course
if you like to tinker, you can break things, I do from time to time,
but it is always because I want to try something else out, not cause
myth is actually broken.