[mythtv-users] apt-get on FC3 still broken?

J. Scott jgscott987 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 23:16:12 EDT 2005

I've read several messages over the last few weeks that doing a
dist-upgrade on FC3 results in apt-get being removed from your system

Well, that happened to me last night on a fresh install of FC3- I've
lost my apt.

I searched high and low, but couldn't find a fix for the problem (or
at least one that I could understand.)

Could someone tell me how to fix this, in layman's terms? I've
installed a few mythTV systems on Fedora, but I'm still very much of a
linux novice.

Do I need to use FC4, or is there an easy solution for my FC3 system?

Thanks a bunch.