[mythtv-users] Set up name instead of ip for myth server

Daniel Hoyos dhoyos at hoyosdesign.com
Fri Jul 22 00:22:00 EDT 2005

I was just wondeirng if anybody could tell me or point me to a how to
guide on how to set up my machine with a domain. What I mean is that
instead of people inside the LAN having to type in the ip of the
server it would be nice if they could just type in http://mythbox/ or
somethign to that extent. I know that one way to do it is by altering
the hosts file but I would rather set up a dns so that all the
computers use it and then it resolves outside queries using the ISP's
dns. Thanks for the help.
Daniel