[mythtv-users] Custom XMLTV guide data

Chris Picton chrisp at tangent.co.za
Fri Jul 22 05:30:09 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 02:18 -0700, Samuel Mukoti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in hosting some TV Guide info for our African Satelite
> TV http://www.dstvafrica.com  but need help.  I'd like to use XMLTV
> format of Data Direct.. but need guide lines for the formating...

Hi Samuel.

I have written a grabber for South Africa, which uses dstv.com to get
the data.  It is currently part of the xmltv release 0.5.40.

I have just checked and the site layout is almost exactly the same as
dstvafrica.  You would just have to be able to select the zone you are
in to get the correct channel list.

I am also not sure how my grabber handles accents and non-ascii
characters.  I suggest that you download it and see what changes you can
make.

Regards

Chris