[mythtv-users] Re: Switching to mythtv

Nicolás Vartabedian nvartabedian at evolution.com.uy
Fri Jul 22 07:41:41 EDT 2005

In my case I have a PVR-250, that does not function with xawtv because
is not v4l compatible.
What I did is a script to scan all frequencies while watching with mythtv.
You can do it that way.
Run mythtv and select watch TV.
Probably only static is what you will see.
In a shell, try using ivtvctl -f XXXX to change frequencies... (Now I
don't have my PC so I am  answering on what I remember. Perhaps the
parameter is -r instead of -f) Please try one or another.
I am still having the issue that I cannot manually configure mythtv to
apply this freq's when I change channels using mythtv. I have to
manually change the frequency via a shell script to view another
channel. I hope someone could  help me to solve that issue.

Regards,
    Dikran.