[mythtv-users] Remote question

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 11:33:34 EDT 2005

I believe that Hauppauge will sell the newer remote
(included with the PVR-150) directly without buying a
card (but you have to buy it from their website).  I
recall the price being somewhere between $15-$25.

Alternatively, you can use any remote that will output
 a RC-5 signal with the IR receiver on the PVR-250 and
PVR-350 (I think my old WinTV Go also worked, but I
don't remember), including universal remote controls.

I use an URC-6131, which has PVR buttons already on
it, and is nice and compact, but many others will
work.  I recommend something from One For All, since
they are nice remote controls, have advanced key
mapping functions (using advanced key codes, with
OFA's keymover function, I was able to map every
usable button on my remote), and heck, one remote for
everything is nice (I have the same remote controlling
my TV, MythTV machine and my XBox).  Some of the
higher-end OFA remotes are also JP1 programmable, if
you're into that kind of thing (my URC-6131 is, but
only after soldering on an EEPROM and pin headers).

I have full details on how I setup my URC-6131 remote
control at my website (specific page is
http://www.vulturesnest.net/mythtvremote.html).  The
config files there are a bit dated, but give you a
general idea of what needs to be done.  (In fact, I am
working on updated configurations to upload).

-- Joe