[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 3000: Questions from a MythTV newbie

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 22 11:36:11 EDT 2005

My working setup behaves similarly.  You DON'T have to specify the device...
it's kinda nice that way :)  I just selected the 3000 that it presented me and
ran with it.

Whatever the 3000 cards produce when there isn't a good signal to lock onto
really freaks out the frontend during playback.  Tuning to such a channel is
usually a fatal event... I can sometimes recover, but often I have to go to a
virtual terminal and kill the frontend.

You can reset the starting channel with an option in mythtv-setup, but an
easier way I've found is to use the program guide (under Manage Recordings, I
think) to have the card start recording something good.  That changes the
channel while you aren't actually trying to decode/play the bad stream and i
didn't have to exit out and startup the mythtv-setup.

Sounds like you're really close now...

--Jack

=== message truncated ===