[mythtv-users] nuvexport fails to run anymore

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Fri Jul 22 16:18:20 EDT 2005

> I don't know if this is the same problem I had when trying to set up to
> burn some DVD's or not, but nuvexport is expecting the video in the .nuv
> file to be in MPEG2 format, and it is in fact already in MPEG4 format
> (which it was on my system because I was using a software endocer) you
> will get this error because ffmpeg cannot decode the video and thus the
> video pipe is empty.

nuvexport does NOT care about the file format...  if it's mpeg2, it lets
ffmpeg or transcode handle it on their own (unless you use
--force_mythtranscode), and if it it's nupplevideo, it uses
mythtranscode to make raw-av fifo's.

the most likely cause of the "error while opening file" is because of
the piped commands used to run ffmpeg..  one of them is failing.

-Chris