[mythtv-users] PVR 500MCE worth the trouble yet?

cythrault at gmail.com cythrault at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:43:22 EDT 2005

On 7/22/05, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/22/05, Jurgen Kramer <gtm.kramer at inter.nl.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The PVR 500MCE's price is getting nicer and nicer and I am thinking
> > about getting one. I currently use 2 PVR 250s without problems. Is it
> > worth the hassle buying a 500MCE and tossing out one of the 250s?
> >
> > Can the 500 be mixed with a 250?

> if you're comfortable with Linux and you have 'currently' well
> supported hardware then i don't see why you wouldn't want to go with a
> PVR-500 over adding two 250s.  but YMMV.  i could just be extremely
> lucky. ;)

Btw, I had a extreme problem getting my 500 to work on one of my slave
backends. I belive it's related to the chipset: Apollo Pro133. The
machine would reboot from time to time when recording. Moving the card
to my master backend (440BX) solved the problem.

I know these chipset are ages old by my wife won't let me spend a dime
on hardware. ;)

--
cyth