[mythtv-users] Query for the scheduled recording

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Fri Jul 22 23:30:19 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 05:28:54PM +0000, voidtrance at comcast.net wrote:
> I have made some pretty good progress but now I need to find out the time of the next recording from the database.

Do you feel like parsing some html?  Myth has a self-contained web
server that gives the system status on port 6544 of the backend machine,
including the times of the next ten scheduled recordings.  Here's an
exerpt from `lynx -dump http://localhost:6544` :

                                 MythTV Status

Encoder status

   Encoder 1 is local on server and is not recording.

Schedule

   The next 10 shows that are scheduled for recording:
   [1]Fri 7/22 9:00 PM - Encoder 1 - Arts & Entertainment Canada -
   Biography
   Biography (9:00 PM-10:00 PM)
   J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter and Me
   Author J.K. Rowling pens a series in which the main character is Harry
   Potter.
   This recording will start in 0 hours and 29 minutes using encoder 1
   with the 'Default' profile.