[mythtv-users] Re: Strange playback problems - no commercial skipping, random jumps

Ramzy Darwish ramzy.darwish at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 00:39:33 EDT 2005

 Thanks a lot for this suggestion. But alas, it did not work. mysqlcheck did indeed find errors in the tables, and I found and used a script that I found here: http://forevermore.net/files/mythtv_misc/optimize_mythdb.pl.txt (from a different post found after searching for 'table corrupt'. The script just runs REPAIR andOPTIMIZE on each table in mythconverg.

            It does report that stuff has been changed, but the behavior remains the same. I don't know if I did something wrong, or not enough.

            Thanks for answering,

            ramzy

      Ramzy Darwish wrote:

      >Hello All,
      >I tried looking for others with this problem on the list, but didn't
      >see anything, but maybe I didn't use the right keywords, so please
      >don't flame me if this is a common problem.

      <snip>

      Try checking your database tables for errors. You may have errors in
      your recordedmarkup table which could cause things like this to happen.

      Kevin