[mythtv-users] RE: re: Starting over from scratch

Joe Marcom jmarcom at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 23 22:53:16 EDT 2005

Thanks to all who replied;  I have learned that my PVR-250 card cannot
be detected or configured by any Linux distro, on 2 different PCs; at
most, I got a "no TV tuner card found" message from MDK 9.1.
The pcHDTV-2000 card is detected as a Bt878, but I was not able to
configure it in RH9 (I think I am missing some necessary files).
I have also tried Knoppmyth, R5A9, 12 and 16 auto install. Appears to
work, but after I see "converting Knoppix to Debian", I see some kind of
error messages flashing across the screen, followed by the box
"Knoppmyth was successfully installed to hda1"; upon reboot, the screen
halts at "pci device listing" and must be manually shut down.
    Since HDTV was my original purpose, I am going to keep plugging away
with that until some minor miracle gets me through it.  Thanks, again.