[mythtv-users] Dvico DVB-t lite capture card install issues under2.6.11-1.35_FC3

jason bright jaybright at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 01:00:04 EDT 2005

I have the Dvico Lite card working with no problems using Jarods guide
and kernel 2.6.10 (I haven't had a chance to upgrade to 2.6.11 yet but
I don't predict any problems.). You don't need to rebuild anything ---
the kernel and packages from atrpms are good enough.

My main problem was finding out the magic dance steps to get the card
running.  Here's what works for me:

modprobe dvb-core
modprobe bt878
modprobe dvb-bt8xx
modprobe  bttv card=0x80.

Try that and then run the setup. The card should then be recognized
and you can run the tuning. If that works make yourself a script to do
it at system start.

If you search through the list archives you'll see this is a common problem.

j (Greetings from melbourne)