[mythtv-users] Consecutive recordings misses the second recording pvr 250

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Jul 24 12:33:56 EDT 2005

Christopher Isip wrote:
> I am not using early start and late end padding.
>
> Also I have in /etc/rc.d/rc.local
>
> /usr/sbin/ntpdate -b time.nist.gov
>
> I dont think it is a problem with the clock setting.  It seems that the
> PVR250 takes a little longer time to stop the recording so that mythtv
> thinks it is busy when the next recording is scheduled to start. The end
> result is a missed recording for that time slot anyway.  Mythtv tries to
> record the same show at a later time.
>

> This doesn't happen with my software encoders.

I see. This would happend on back to back recordings on a slave
if the slave clock was not in sync with the master. Hadn't heard
of this being due to the encoder stopping late. As this happened,
was the status of the second show "B" or "L"? Also, is there any
chance that you have the backend logs for both the mastter and
slave from one minute before to one after the event?

--  bjm