[mythtv-users] New install freezes hard on mythfrontend startup

J. Scott jgscott987 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 22:48:02 EDT 2005

I've just completed a new install using Fedora Core 4 and Jarod's
Guide. The install went smoothly, but I'm having hard lockups when I
start up mythfrontend or mythtvsetup.

This is a frontend only box. The first time I ran mythfrontend, I
successfully entered the configuration screens, and input the ip
address and mysql information for the backend server.

Now, when I start up mythfrontend I get the gray G.A.N.T. background,
but nothing else- no buttons, icons, message boxes, etc. The box locks
hard and won't respond to any keystrokes.

I can't figure out what's driving the problem- could be an issue with
fonts? Problem with the GANT theme?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.