[mythtv-users] HDTV and Cable TV - The Scoop?

Matt Goebel matt at goebelnet.com
Mon Jul 25 01:13:37 EDT 2005

So I'm the market for a digital TV...

I realize there aren't any cards out there for Linux that do QAM HDTV, and that my only options to record directly are the two OTA cards available.
What about HDTV coming directly out of a HDTV cable box via component/firewire/etc...?  Are there video capture cards that can do that?  I have a
couple PVR-250 which can handle 720x480 (interlaced/progressive?), which from what I've read is what some "HDTV" actually is?  What about cards that
can handle 1080i?  Is this even possible yet?