[mythtv-users] MPEG2 Decoding video card for DVD playback

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Mon Jul 25 17:49:17 EDT 2005

I want to make sure that I can play a backed up DVD off the hard disk
and utilize the video card to do all the heavy lifting.  I want an AGP
card.  I'm looking at the nVidia MX4000 chipset, but I notice that about
100 people make them.  Does it matter which one I get?  This is the best
bargain I can find:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814145119
(Cheapest card with both DVI and S-Video out) ... and for only $4.50
more it has double the memory of this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121184

Has any one had experience with 3rd party nVidia cards?  Any experience
play DVD backups off the HD?

--
Thank you for your time,
--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

*Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet
products. Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer &
Outlook/Outlook Express.*
Get Firefox! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=85> Get
Thunderbird! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=179>