[mythtv-users] Trouble Playing Ripped DVDs

Michael Privett michpriv at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 01:01:58 EDT 2005

I'm new to mythtv, and I seem to be missing a step
when it comes to playing ripped DVDs.  I have ripped
several DVDS to my HDD (each with its corresponding
VIDEO_TS dir and files, ifo, vob, etc).

Under Media Settings->Video Settings->General
Settings, I've pointed myth to my DVDs.  When I go to
"watch videos", I'm only able to select single VOB
files, when I'd like to do the equivalent of
"ogle -u cli /public/DVDs/TopGun/VIDEO_TS".  How can I
setup myth so I can simply select the VIDEO_TS file to
start the DVD?  Is there another method that people
use to play their ripped DVDs?

On another note, is there a way I can jump to the
program guide with a single keypress?

Sorry for posting such a basic questions, but I
haven't been able to locate the info I've been looking
for.

Thanks,
Michael