[mythtv-users] Nuv file screen size

Stephen Williams stephen.gw at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 05:05:50 EDT 2005

On 7/26/05, Brad <superkrusty at gmail.com> wrote:
> When I view a recorded show I have to change view to zoom 16:9. This
> way it fills the whole TV screen without stretching or distortion.
> When I transfer this .nuv file onto my windows box and burn to DVD the
> picture has a black border around it , making the movie/show too small
> to see properly.
> It is being recorded with a visionplus DVB-T card (PAL
> standard-Australia). The resoloution of the file seems to be
> 720xsomething. Should I be changing something so that it is recorded
> in an easier to view format for PAL. Maybe this cannot be changed ?

I first problem (display not defaulting to the correct aspect ratio)
is probably because you need to add some DisplaySize settings to your
Xorg / Xfree86 config file to let Myth know that your display is 16:9
/ 4:3. Search the archives for more details, it's been covered many
times.

Sorry but I can't help with the second problem, i've never tried
writing DVB-T recordings to a DVD (yet). It's probably worth noting
that the DVB-T transmission has a resolution that's perfectly suited
for display on a PAL TV (at least it is here in the UK, I can't
believe it would be different in Aus or set-top-boxes would have to
scale the image before displaying it), so that's unlikely to be the
source of the problem.

Steve