[mythtv-users] dvb cards with dab and analogue for europe (PAL)

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 09:43:40 EDT 2005

>  Looking into more aspects of htpc's I'm wondering what sort of dvb/dab
> hardware would be the best here. As far as I know there is still no DVB
> available in Norway, but DAB radio is now pretty widespread and there are
> plans to begin broadcasting DVB-T commercially from next year. I've looked
> at the pcHDTV website and it looks as if the analoge tuners of their cards
> are NTSC only. This explains why I haven't seen them for sale here. What
> are the best supported alternatives so far offering dvb-t and dab support?

Your question is very confusing. Do you want to know which cards
support PAL analogue? Or do you want to know which cards would be good
for PAL DVB?

If it's analogue I think you'll find most of the analgue cards support
NTSC as well as PAL. It's just a matter of configuring them. Have a
look at the gossamer-thread archives and you'll find heaps of info on
analogue cards. Or
http://pvrhw.goldfish.org/tiki-page.php?pageName=pvrhw_tuners

Regards,
Phill